The fall season is upon us. The children are back in school. The leaves have changed colors. And many stores have started getting ready for the approaching holidays. Along with all the many schedules, work activities, school sports, homework also comes the COLD AND FLU Season. We’ve already been hearing from many of our clients that the flu season is upon us and going through their homes.
Here are a few suggestions of homeopathic or all natural ways for a fast recovery that may help you or someone close to you. Most of us already have something that is our go to remedy. Remember to check with your physician or healthcare facility if symptoms persist or become severe.
- Warm lemon water with a teaspoon of Honey at night, to soothe a sore throat
- Diffuse some essential oils in your home to help with germs that are airborne. A few suggestions: Thieves, RC, Eucalyptus, or Peppermint
- A couple drops of RC or Peppermint essential oils in a box of tissues helps to open sinus congestion.
- If you are someone that juices in the morning or do Green Smoothies, try adding a fresh clove of Garlic, Crushed garlic with a teaspoon of olive oil made into a rub for the bottom of your feet covered with a pair of comfy socks to be worn to bed at night works well.
- Plenty of fluids, water, hot tea, your favorite juice, or this time of year hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick happens to be my favorite.
- When feeling very poorly or running a fever staying home with plenty of bed rest is always the best, and keeps other people from catching your cold/flu.
- HAND WASHING is still the biggest prevention we can take. Having children wash their hands when coming home or off the bus after school, after handling money, before preparing any food or beverages. Or just washing your hands before bed time.
Ask Linda about using essential oils during your treatment session to help with your immune system and recovery. Also, remember if you are feeling a bit sluggish, low on energy, or catching every bug that comes around schedule a lymphatic session with Kristin to give your immune system a boost.