Recently we’ve been asked when we plan to lift our COVID precautions. At this time our precautions will remain in effect until we start to notice an improvement in the overall COVID situation. The majority of our clients, many of them high risk, have been appreciative of the steps we have taken because it allows them to feel safe to receive the care that they need. Our intention is overall safety for our clients, staff and community.
What we ask of you, our clients:
* Please be completely honest with us on where you have been and who you have been in contact with. We are assessing each situation individually and will ask additional questions to determine if an in-person session is appropriate at this time.
* Please call or email us immediately if you feel ill, have been in contact with someone who is ill, or find out someone you have been in contact with becomes diagnosed with COVID-19.
* Call or email us with any questions.
Before scheduling or coming in for an appointment we ask that you call us immediately if any of the following apply so we can find out more information.
1. If you felt ill or have been in contact with someone who has been ill in the last 14 days.
2. If you find out someone you have been in contact with is diagnosed with COVID-19.
3. If you have traveled in or outside of the state in the last 14 days.
4. If you have been to a business or gathering with more than 10 people?
After talking to you further your therapist will decide if an in-person session is appropriate at this time. If not, we are still able to schedule you for a telehealth session.
When you arrive at the clinic we are asking each client to following our clinic precautions:
1. Wash hands before entering the clinic.
2. Wear a mask. If you don’t have a mask the clinic will provide one.
3. Remain in the hallway until your therapist opens the clinic door and is ready for your session to start. If the door is closed, they are still sanitizing the clinic for your safety.
As always, we are scheduling our appointments to allow for thorough cleaning of all hard surfaces in the waiting area and treatment room between each client, as well as washing our hands immediately before and after all sessions.
Thank you for your continued patience during this time.